Kip's List of PortmanteausK. Praslowicz
A word formed by merging the sounds and meanings of two different words.
I have a minor love of portamteaus. Every so often I come up with my own blending of words that I think are at least a little clever. I figured I've thought up enough by now that I should at least stick them onto my blog for posterity. So here they are.
- Falafel served with buffalo sauce.
- What someone opening a middle eastern restaurant in Buffalo, NY REALLY needs to name their restaurant.
- Ear Cancer
- A musical performance that is so terrible, that your life feels grayer just for hearing it. Much like the open mic I went to in the early 2000s that ended up ruining Radiohead for me.
- The time when the acquisition of coffee is expected.
- A very angry, jealously fueled public dismissal of someone else's art or acheivement that is getting more attention than your own.
- When someone moves to Duluth, MN hoping that the experience kills them.
- When someone moves to Duluth, GA hoping that the experience kills them.
- Nicotine filled eggs that you smoke.
- When someone gets fired from the last job they'll ever have.
- When you plagiarise a flag.
- A glass Hasselblad.
Habitat, or Habitattoo
- A tattoo of a nun's habit.
- A multiple tie. For example, like what Michael J. Fox wore in Back to the Future 2.
- Having strong opinions about pigeons.
- Venturing out to acquire pizza..
- An online poll where all the possible bullshit answers are extremely narrow in breadth, or heavily biased towards one outcome.
- One of those shady photographers who haven't built a good portfolio for their wedding/graduation/baby portrait business yet, so they steal other photographer's good photos to fill up their own portfolio and hope nobody notices.
- A winter holiday to bring together your Finnish and Jewish friends.
- A more efficient form Tater Tot Hotdish.
- When you have twins and they push you over the edge.
- Spaghetti that is so good that you'll never forget about it.
- A long, good hug.
- Any portmanteau that relates to a yurt.